Which vendor has the best VDI implementation? That is a question on the minds of a lot of people. In the end, the answer to that question is "it depends". There are a lot of factors that are specific to the various types of environments out there. But, if you're looking for an independent overview of the Server Hosted Desktop Virtualization (VDI) solutions and you're curious about the different features and functions of each vendor's, then the VDI Smackdown whitepaper is for you.
Ruben Spruijt recently posed an overview of the VDI Smackdown whitepaper at BrianMadden.com. The white paper is focused on solutions that are anticipated to have an important role in VDI deployments. An overview of available features of Citrix XenDesktop, Microsoft VDI, Quest vWorkspace and VMware View is created to better understand each solution's capability. The overall goal of the white paper is share information about:
- Application- and Desktop Delivery Solutions overview;
- Explain the different Desktop Virtualization concepts;
- Explain the pros and cons of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure;
- Describe the different Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) vendors and solutions;
- Compare the features of Citrix XenDesktop, Microsoft VDI, Quest vWorkspace and VMware View;