With so much focus on VMware-based backup solutions, Hyper-V sometimes gets overlooked, but not anymore! Altaro, the provider of such award winning easy to use tools as Oops!Backup and BackupFS, is bringing to market a powerful Hyper-V aware backup tool and the company is actively looking for beta testers for the new product, which includes the following features:
- Hot Backups – Back up running VMs without stopping them. This is a must-have feature for any serious enterprise-grade backup program and Altaro has it.
- No guest agent necessary – Installs on Hyper-V Host without installing anything within the VM itself. This reduces administrative overhead and keeps virtual machines operations a bit simpler.
- Restore individual or a group of VMs to a different Hyper-V host.
- Recover from multiple points in time rather than ‘the most recent backup’. Provides much more powerful recovery options than would otherwise be possible.
- Provides the ability to clone VMs by restoring them to the same Hyper-V Host but with a different name.
- Backup crash consistent Linux VMs without shutting down the machine.
If you’re in the market for Hyper-V backup and are interested in being considered as a beta tester for Altaro Hyper-V Backup, visit this page (http://www.altaro.com/hyper-v-backup/). To show gratitude to beta participants, Altaro will be giving out 250 Free License Keys to the final version of Altaro Hyper-V Backup.