A new feature was introduced in Microsoft Azure called Change History, and it helps a lot when troubleshooting and auditing resources deployment/changes in Microsoft Azure. We can see the feature in action when performing a new deployment Azure DevOps in a virtual network resource. When checking the Activity log, we can see an update on the virtual network. We can see that a service principal account initiated the change from Azure DevOps.
When we double click on the entry, we have a new tab called Change History (Preview), and it provides a summary of all changes, the change type and the previous and new value.
We can also click on a specific entry, and a new blade showing the JSON changes from the before and now will be displayed. We can see the new block of JSON code that I added to the ARM template to introduce the new DB Subnet.
More Quick Tips articles
- New from Microsoft: Azure Security Center onboarding guide
- Fixing Azure Key Vault when moving to a different tenant
- Restore Azure Key Vault using just two PowerShell cmdlets
- This overlooked feature in Visual Studio Code can speed release time
- Enabling Front Door managed certificates in Azure: Status update