Change or Spoof your Network Adapter MAC Address
MAC address filtering is used in some networks to help control which computers or devices end-users can connect to the network. However, remember it is very easy for even average users to spoof or change their network adapter’s MAC address in Windows; here’s how:
- Open the Network Connections window and double-click the desired network adapter.
- On the Network Connection Status window, click the Properties button.
- On the Network Connection Properties window, click the Configure button.
- On the Network Adapter Properties window, select the Advanced tab.
- Choose the Network Address or Locally Administered Address Property, select the Value radio button, and then enter the new MAC address. If in Windows 7, you must use one of the following formats:
Then click OK to save changes and then double-check you’re using the new MAC address via the Details button on the Network Connection Status window or type ipconfig /all into a Command Prompt.