Citrix XenClient 4.5 Tech Preview
At Citrix Synergy 2012, Citrix announced a technology preview of XenClient 4.5. Some of the cool new things in XenClient include:
- Supports multiple Ultrabooks and the latest 3rd generation Intel® Core™ vPro™ processor systems.
- Windows 8 support
- New enterprise network policies are now available with VLAN tagging so administrators can extend the notion of virtual machine isolation by tagging and routing network traffic to specific virtual machines.
- External network synchronization via NetScaler allows users external to the corporate network to securely access the Synchronizer for XenClient from remote locations.
- Support for dual external monitors in a docking station
- New display architecture for better monitor management
- 30% improvement in hypervisor boot time