Disable console warnings in vSphere 5/vCenter 5
When you install a new vSphere host, you might make configuration changes—such as enabling SSH access—that place the host into a constant warning mode in vCenter, as shown in the figure below. Note also that you receive a big yellow warning box near the top of the console window.
Most administrators are aware that they’ve made these changes and consider them as normal, so they shouldn’t be constant warnings. You can disable these warnings by:
- From the vCenter inventory, select the ESXi host showing the error.
- Open that host’s Configuration tab.
- In the Software section, choose Advanced Settings.
- In the left-hand column, choose UserVars.
- Find the variable named UserVars.SuppressShellWarning; it’s near the bottom.
- Change the value for the variable to 1.
- Click OK.
When you’re done, the warnings will be gone.