System Center Data Protection Manager 2010 has been Released to Manufacturing (RTM).
System Center Data Protection (DPM) 2010, meantime, delivers unified data protection for Windows servers such as SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint, Virtualization and file servers — as well as Windows desktops and laptops. Microsoft has re-engineered DPM 2010 to be more scalable so that both midsize and enterprise-class organizations can take advantage of it.
Key additions in DPM 2010 include:
- The ability for roaming laptops to get centrally managed policies around desktop protection, so that your laptop data is protected, whether you are connected to the corporate network or remote
- Enhanced virtualization protection, including Hyper-V R2 LiveMigration scenarios and the ability to recover single-files from within host-based backups
- Additional protection and recovery capabilities for Windows application servers like SQL Server, Exchange or SharePoint
- Native site-to-site replication for disaster recovery to either another DPM server or an off-site cloud provider
- Significant enterprise-scalability increases for deploying DPM in large environments
- Centrally managed System State and Bare Metal Recovery