Entourage 2008 Exchange Web Services Edition Releases
Experience a tighter connection between Entourage and Microsoft® Exchange Server and greater parity between Entourage and Outlook with Entourage® 2008, Web Services Edition.
Entourage 2008, Web Services Edition uses Exchange Web Services instead of WebDAV providing Mac users a better Exchange experience. Exchange Web Services is a modern protocol that enables client applications like Entourage 2008, Web Services Edition to communicate more quickly and reliably with the server running Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 SP1 with Update Rollup 4 or later.
This rebuilt version of Entourage 2008 not only offers performance and reliability improvements to e-mail and calendaring but new syncing of tasks, notes and categories, and Autodiscovery.
Some highlights from the new and improved Entourage 2008, Web Services Edition:
- Enhanced Autodiscover service to easily configure account and automatically keep settings up to date.
- Synchronization between Exchange Server and Entourage 2008 Notes, Tasks, and Categories.
- Addition of an Enable Logging (troubleshooting) preference, to log all events that can be used as diagnostic information.
- Built-in logging with extensive reporting of diagnostic information.
- Use of attachments in Entourage for Exchange calendar events.
- Resolve names when composing mail and invites while outside of work without requiring VPN and LDAP.
Also see the MS Press Release here: http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2009/aug09/08-13MacOutlookPR.mspx?rss_fdn=Press%20Releases