Event ID 5719 is logged when you start a computer on a domain, and the computer is running Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, or Windows 2000
You are running:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
- You have a computer that is running one of the operating systems that is mentioned in the "Applies to" section.
- The computer is joined to a domain.
- The computer has a Gigabit network adapter installed.
And you see:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: NETLOGON
Event Category: None
Event ID: 5719
No Domain Controller is available for domain <domain name> due to the following: There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request. Make sure that the computer is connected to the network and try again. If the problem persists, please contact your domain administrator.
Then go here to find out what the problem is and fix it:
Thomas W Shinder, M.D., MCSE
Sr. Consultant / Technical Writer