Exchange Online Protection Content Updates
- Delegated administration FAQ – We added this Q&A topic to help Microsoft partners and resellers who want to perform delegated Office 365 administration tasks, including the ability to manage EOP for other tenants. We also added a sample PowerShell script for applying EOP settings to multiple tenants.
- End User Spam Quarantine: End users can now access and manage their own spam-quarantined messages via the UI (in addition to end-user spam notifications). We revamped the Quarantine docs starting here. The primary topic for end user spam management is Find and release quarantined messages as an end user.
- View message headers from the quarantine – The ability to view message headers in the quarantine and then analyze them via the Message Header Analyzer was documented in the quarantine topics here (admins) and here (end users). We also updated the Anti-spam message headers topic to point out this new feature.
- What's the difference between junk email and bulk email? – This topic was created as a result of an IP Redzone item. Customers get confused about what’s bulk vs. what’s junk, so this topic aims to clarify such questions, while also elaborating on the different ways to handle bulk messages. Also see the related topic Use transport rules to aggressively filter bulk email messages.
- Backscatter messages– Another IP Redzone request, this topic provides information about EOP and the Backscatterer DNS Block List.
- Clarify international spam: Due to feedback we received, we enhanced the international spam section in the Configure content filter policies topic.
- · Transport Rules: EOP standalone customers need to create two Transport rules for the default content filter action (send spam to the recipient’s Junk Email folder) to work with on-premises mailboxes. We added additional pointers to this topic from several topics: Anti-Spam Protection, Configure the Anti-Spam Policies, Configure Content Filter Policies, Anti-Spam and Anti-Malware Protection in the EOP Service Description to increase visibility of this.
- · EOP Limits – We created a separate standalone topic to increase the visibility of this information; previously it was a section in its parent topic Exchange Online Protection Service Description.
- · FOPE Transition Center – We’ve made several updates to the FOPE Transition Center, for example the “Transition Update” announcement on the main page.