Five Frequently Asked Questions about Lync Server 2010 Mobility Service
In this article, we explore five frequently asked questions about Lync Server 2010 Mobility Service. Because Mobility Service was released only ten months ago, there are still some misconceptions about the service and how to properly configure your Lync Server 2010 environment. We hope this article helps you efficiently integrate Mobility Service into your Lync Server 2010 deployment. Here are the five questions:
- Are changes to my reverse proxy certificate required if I use CNAME records for the Lync Server 2010 Autodiscover Service?
- Why is it necessary to define SIP listening ports for the Lync Server 2010 Mobility Service in my topology?
- Why is an internal user forced to make an external connection to the Mobility Service?
- Why is cookie-based affinity required for load balanced connections to Lync web services?
- Why doesn't my presence state change when I receive a cellular call on my mobile phone?
Author: Dave Howe, Microsoft Senior Support Escalation Engineer
Read more at: http://blogs.technet.com/b/nexthop/archive/2012/08/14/five-frequently-asked-questions-about-lync-server-2010-mobility-service.aspx