Fix 'Multiple Networks' and the Internet in Windows Vista
Follow these steps if the network status changed to “Multiple Networks” and the Internet stopped working in Windows Vista after waking up a computer:
- Open the Network and Sharing Center.
- Click the Customize link for the first network.
- While leaving the Set Network Location window open, click the Manage network connections link back on the Network and Sharing Center.
- On the Network Connections window, right-click the connection that’s connected to the Internet and Disable it.
- Go back to the Set Network Location window and click the Merge or delete network locations link at the bottom.
- On the Merge or Delete Network Locations window, delete the entries and then close the windows.
- Go back to the Network Connections window, right-click on the connection and select Enable.