Happy Days are Here Again: Announcing the Release of the Lync Server 2013 Protocol Workloads Poster
f you aren’t familiar with the Lync Server protocols poster (first released for Lync Server 2010 - http://blogs.technet.com/b/drrez/p/lync_2010_workloads.aspx), we’d like to extend our deepest sympathies: obviously you’ve been stranded on a desert island for the past few years. The protocols poster, especially the new and improved 2013 edition, tells you practically everything you need to know about Lync Server, and then some. Among other things, the poster:
- Provides a visual representation of common Lync Server topologies.
- Illustrates the way messages flow between Lync Server components (and shows the network protocol and ports used by these messages to boot).
- Shows you the DNS records that you need to configure Lync Server components.
- Shows you the certificates that you need to assign to Lync Server components, and shows you the – well, you get the idea. Happy birthday, indeed!
As we noted, you can download the protocols poster from the Microsoft Downloads Center (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=39968). That link takes you to the Details page, a page that explains what the poster is, the hardware/software requirements for viewing the poster, and all that other good stuff. If you can’t be bothered with details, you can bypass that page altogether and simply download the poster in either (or both) of the following formats:
- Adobe PDF (http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/6/A/06AB4AEE-A0A5-42DA-BA9B-19F8F9B912CD/Lync_2013_poster.pdf). For those who just like to look.
- Visio (http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/6/A/06AB4AEE-A0A5-42DA-BA9B-19F8F9B912CD/Lync_2013_poster.vsd). For anyone who has a hankering to customize the poster for themselves. (Like, say, replacing the placeholder domain names and IP address with your own domain names and IP addresses.)
Read more at source: http://blogs.technet.com/b/nexthop/archive/2013/09/16/happy-days-are-here-again-announcing-the-release-of-the-lync-server-2013-protocol-workloads-poster.aspx