Hoster is a tiny freeware utility designed to manipulate hosts file (hosts file s used as a first source to match DNS record against an IP).
Hoster has a wide variety of options, features, here is a quote from official page on features:
- Append File - Allows selection of a file to be appended to your current hosts file.
- Replace File - Allows selection of a file to replace your hosts file.
- Merge File - Allows selection of a file to be merged with your current hosts file.
- Create Backup - Creates a Backup of you current hosts file. Backup file will be placed where ever Hoster.exe resides on your Hard drive.
- Restore Backup - Restores the backup hosts file.
- Restore MS Hosts - Restores the hosts file to Microsoft's original hosts file.
- Add to Hosts Files - Adds the line item into your hosts file.
- Delete Line - Deletes highlighted line from hosts file.
- Toggle Comment - Toggles whether or not a line is a comment ('#').
- Sort File - Sorts the current hosts file in alphanumeric order, removes all comment lines.
- Swap Localhost - Swaps the current hosts file between 127.0.0.1 and 0.0.0.0
- Remove Block Items - Removes all blocking lines in the current hosts file.
- Copy to Clipboard - Copies the current hosts file to the clipboard.
- Make Hosts read-only/writable toggle
- Search - Enter text to be searched for, click Previous or Next.
- Open in Memopad - Opens the Memopad built-in to Hoster.
Hoster reached version 3.5. The utility is only around 279 Kbytes only.
You can download the utility from this link: Hoster 3.5 Download Link