How to share files between a Hyper-V host and its virtual machines
If you've used Microsoft Virtual PC or Microsoft Virtual Server, you'll have enjoyed the fact that you can copy and paste between a virtual machine and those platforms. This doesn’t work with Hyper-V however—you can't copy/paste between a VM and the Hyper-V host.
The workaround is to do the following:
1. On your Hyper-V host, create a shared folder and assign Change permission to Everyone.
2. On the virtual machine running on the host, open the Network and Sharing Center and enable File and Printer Sharing.
3. On the virtual machine, click Start and type \\host_name\share_name where host_name is the name of your Hyper-V host and share_name is the name of the share you created.
4. Press ENTER and an Explorer window will open in the VM showing the contents of the shared folder on the host.
5. You can now copy files from the VM to the host and vice versa as needed.