That’s right! I mentioned this to you when IAG 2007 SP2 came out, but you might have forgot about it.
What this means is that you can download the IAG 2007 SP2 .vhd file and test it in your own lab! Deploy the applications that you actually use in your environment, kick the tires, deploy the certificates and configure granular endpoint access policies based on IAG’s elegant and sophisticated endpoint detection methods – unless other SSL VPNs, IAG’s endpoint detection is a second thought, or a third party app, it’s actually baked into the product and not only that, it’s brain dead easy to configure!
Why use a .vhd of the IAG? Here are just a few reasons:
- It is pre-configured, so it is very easy to get deploy and get started.
- It is hardened and secured.
- It has a single purpose, so it is easy to manage.
- You can run it on any industry standard server that supports virtualization – and install either the Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V role or Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008.
- You can create a dedicated test system and move IAG virtual machines between the test system and the production system, by simply copying an image file.
- Backup and restore is simple – just periodically copy the virtual machine image from the production system to another location.
- Disaster recovery is easy – just configure a new server and copy the virtual machine images to it.
- Server consolidation – If IAG doesn’t utilize your entire server (CPU, Memory, I/O), you can run additional virtual workloads, such as load balancing software, on the same physical server.
Find out more about .vhd deployment of IAG 2007 SP2 at:
Thomas W Shinder, M.D., MCSE
Sr. Consultant / Technical Writer
Prowess Consulting www.prowessconsulting.com
PROWESS CONSULTING | Microsoft Forefront Security Specialist
Email: [email protected]
MVP — Forefront Edge Security (ISA/TMG/IAG)