Mail-enabled Public Folders - directory sync script
Use this script if you need to do one of the following -
- Initial creation of mail enabled public folder objects in the destination Active Directory for public folder migration from Exchange 2007 or 2010 to Exchange Online.
- Synchronization of mail enabled public folder objects from on-premise to Exchange Online Active Directory
- This script mail-enabled public folder objects from the local Exchange deployment into O365. It uses the local Exchange deployment as master to determine what changes need to be applied to O365. The script will create, update or delete mail-enabled public folder objects on O365 Active Directory based on what exists in the local Exchange deployment.
- The script must be executed from local Exchange Management Shell window providing access to mail public folders in the local Exchange deployment. Then, using the credentials provided the script will create a session against Exchange Online, which will be used to manipulate O365 Active Directory objects remotely.
- NOTE - Before running the script, copy the Sync-MailPublicFolders.strings.psd1 file in the same directory as the Sync-MailPublicFolders.ps1 script file.