Security features for Azure SQL Database include:
- Always Encrypted helps you protect sensitive data without having to relinquish the encryption keys to Azure SQL Database. Data remains encrypted at all times – in transit, in memory, on disk and even during query processing.
- Transparent Data Encryption helps you meet compliance requirements by encrypting your databases, associated backups, and transaction log files at rest without requiring changes to your applications.
- Azure AD authentication provides an alternative to SQL Authentication. It simplifies password management by allowing you to connect to a number of Azure services including Azure SQL Database using the same identity.
- Row-Level Security allows access to rows of data based on a user’s identity, role memberships, or query execution context.
- Dynamic Data Masking lets you define masking patterns on database columns to limit the exposure of sensitive data.
- Threat detection complements Azure SQL Database Auditing and alerts on suspicious database activities at the database or logical server level.
Read MS Corporate Vice President for Data Platform, Cloud + Enterprise blog post here – https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/microsoft-azure-sql-database-provides-unparalleled-data-security-in-the-cloud-with-always-encrypted/