Microsoft Azure Backup v126.96.36.199
With Microsoft Azure Backup, you can protect application workloads such as Hyper-V VMs, Microsoft SQL Server, SharePoint Server, Microsoft Exchange and Windows clients to:
- Disk (D2D), giving high RTOs for tier 1 workloads
- Azure (D2D2C) for long term retention.
And, you can manage the protection of various protected entities (servers and clients) from a single on-premises user interface.
You can deploy Microsoft Azure Backup server as:
- A physical standalone server.
- A Hyper-V virtual machine - You can run DPM as a virtual machine hosted on an on-premises Hyper-V host server, to back up on-premises data.
- A Windows virtual machine in VMWare - You can deploy DPM to provide protection for Microsoft workloads running on Windows virtual machines in VMWare. In this scenario DPM can be deployed as a physical standalone server, as a Hyper-V virtual machine, or as a Windows virtual machine in VMWare.
- An Azure virtual machine - You can run DPM as a virtual machine in Azure to back up cloud workloads running as Azure virtual machines.