Microsoft Office 2010 Filter Packs
Microsoft recently released the Office 2010 Filter Packs, for use with Microsoft Search Services (Sharepoint, SQL, Exchange, Windows Search).
The Microsoft Filter Pack is a single point-of-distribution for Office IFilters. IFilters are components that allow search services to index content of specific file types, letting you search for content in those files. They are intended for use with Microsoft Search Services (Sharepoint, SQL, Exchange, Windows Search).
Install this product if you want to search for content in the file types listed below.
The Filter Pack includes:
- Legacy Office Filter (97-2003; .doc, .ppt, .xls)
- Metro Office Filter (2007; .docx, .pptx, .xlsx)
- Zip Filter
- OneNote filter
- Visio Filter
- Publisher Filter
- Open Document Format Filter
- Register Filter Pack IFilters with Exchange 2010
- How to register Filter Pack IFilters with Exchange Server 2007