NCP engineering Enhances Windows 10 VPN Clients with Newly Added Security Features
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. — January 14, 2015 — NCP engineering today announced new versions of its Windows-compatible VPN clients. Key improvements to the updated Enterprise, Entry and Juniper editions feature will make it easier for Windows users to connect remotely to corporate networks, with greater control over the security and stability of connections.
Support for software installation has been improved, as the clients are now available through an easy-to-use Windows installer (MSI). With an additional connection mode, the updated Windows clients will automatically seek and establish VPN connections, a feature especially useful for Windows 8.1 tablet users. The updated clients are also fully optimized for IKEv2 configuration, and support elliptical curve cryptography (ECC) to safeguard VPN connections.
Enterprises can purchase the latest Windows clients from NCP’s network of reseller partners and distributors.
- NCP’s Windows-compatible Enterprise and Entry clients are compatible with all common VPN gateways (such as those from Cisco, Juniper, WatchGuard, Checkpoint and Microsoft Server 2008 R2) and major communications and security standards including elliptic curve cryptography (ECC), Internet Key Exchange (IKE) v1 and 2, PKCS#12 certificate support, XAUTH and split and full tunneling. When used with NCP’s VPN gateway, its recently patented Path Finder technology ensures that the VPN connection can be established in challenging firewall and proxy settings.
- The updated version of the NCP Secure Enterprise Client for Windows streamlines the network administrator’s experience and eliminates the possibility of incorrect configuration by ensuring that if the client is not in regular communication with the NCP Secure Enterprise Management (SEM) solution, it cannot connect until its security is verified. NCP’s centrally managed Secure Enterprise Client for Windows can be used in conjunction with the NCP Secure Enterprise Management (SEM) 3.0 system.
- The NCP Secure Client - Juniper Edition for Windows 32-/64-bit operating systems is specifically tailored to help enterprises seamlessly connect to Juniper VPN gateways with Junos or NetscreenOS operating systems. Using the IPsec VPN client and the local license server, companies are able to easily migrate large numbers of users with Juniper’s end-of-life Netscreen-Remote VPN Client to the latest version of NCP's Juniper-compatible client.
- Learn more about the Secure Enterprise Client for Windows and the company’s full range of award-winning enterprise remote access VPN solutions.
- The NCP Secure Entry Client and the NCP Secure Client – Juniper Edition can be downloaded from NCP’s website; free, 30-day trial of versions are available.
- NCP’s secure remote access management software is available for interested enterprises to purchase from the company’s reseller partners and distributors.
- Reach NCP engineering on its blog, VPN Haus, or on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or YouTube.
About NCP engineering
Since its inception in 1986, NCP engineering has delivered innovative software that allows enterprises to rethink their remote access, and overcome the complexities of creating, managing and maintaining secure network access for staff.
NCP’s award-winning product line spans the spectrum of remote access, from IPsec / SSL VPNs to endpoint firewalls and network access control (NAC) functions. The company’s products support organizations with complex remote user needs, and that want to leverage the latest end-devices to increase staff productivity, reduce network administration and adapt policy changes on-the-fly. Each solution is interoperable with existing third-party software or hardware.
With global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany and North American headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area, the company serves 35,000-plus customers worldwide throughout the healthcare, financial, education and government markets, as well as many Fortune 500 companies. NCP has established a network of national and regional technology, channel and OEM partners to serve its customers. For more information, visit www.ncp-e.com.