ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server provides advanced protection for your company’s data passing through all general servers, network file storage including OneDrive, and multi-purpose servers to ensure business continuity via ransomware prevention, zero-day threats detection, data breaches prevention, botnet protection.
- Machine Learning – All ESET endpoint products have been using machine learning in addition to all other layers of defense since 1997. ESET currently uses machine learning in conjunction with all of other layers of ESET’s defense. Specifically, machine learning is used in the form of consolidated output and neural networks.
- Ransomware Shield – ESET Ransomware Shield is an additional layer protecting users from ransomware. This technology monitors and evaluates all executed applications based on their behavior and reputation. It is designed to detect and block processes that resemble the behavior of ransomware.
- In-product Sandbox – Today’s malware is often heavily obfuscated and tries to evade detection as much as possible. To see through this and identify the real behavior hidden underneath the surface, we use in-product sandboxing. With the help of this technology, ESET solutions emulate dierent components of computer hardware and software to execute a suspicious sample in an isolated virtualized environment.
- Advanced Memory Scanner – ESET Advanced Memory Scanner monitors the behavior of a malicious process and scans it once it decloaks in memory. Fileless malware operates without needing persistent components in the file system that can be detected conventionally. Only memory scanning can successfully discover and stop such malicious attacks.
- Exploit Blocker – ESET Exploit Blocker monitors typically exploitable applications (browsers, document readers, email clients, Flash, Java and more), and instead of just aiming at particular CVE identifiers, it focuses on exploitation techniques. When triggered, the threat is blocked immediately on the machine.
- Botnet Protection – ESET Botnet Protection detects malicious communication used by botnets, and at the same time it identifies the oending processes. Any detected malicious communication is blocked and reported to
- Network Attack Protection – This technology improves detection of known vulnerabilities on the network level. It constitutes another important layer of protection against spreading malware, network-conducted attacks, and exploitation of vulnerabilities for which a patch has not yet been released or deployed.
- HIPS Behavioral Detection – HIPS – ESET’s Host-Based Intrusion Prevention System monitors system activity and uses a predefined set of rules to recognize suspicious system behavior. Moreover, the HIPS self-defense mechanism stops
the oending process from carrying out the harmful activity.
- DNA Detections – Detection types range from very specific hashes to ESET DNA Detections, which are complex definitions of malicious behavior and malware characteristics. While the malicious code can be easily modified or obfuscated by attackers, the behavior of objects cannot be changed so easily and ESET DNA Detections are designed to take advantage of this principle.
- AMSI/Script Scanning – ESET solutions leverage the Antimalware Scan Interface (AMSI) to provide enhanced malware protection for users, data, applications, and workload. In addition, it utilizes the protected service interface that is a new security module built into Windows that only allows trusted, signed code to load and better protect against code injection attacks.