GFI MailEssentials provides anti-spam and email security for your mail servers.
Powerful business anti-spam
This VBSpam-certified solution uses multiple anti-spam filters that combine SpamRazer technology, greylisting, IP reputation filtering, Bayesian filtering, and other advanced technologies to provide a spam capture rate of more than 99% and minimal false-positives, ensuring the safe delivery of important emails.
Multiple antivirus engine protection
This multi-scanning technique provides Zero Hour malware protection, and drastically reduces the time required to obtain the latest virus definitions against the latest threats. You gain maximum protection of your email environment via the x5 engines heuristic and polymorphic malware detection methods.
Enforce email protection content policy
Granular, user-based email content policy enforcement enables you to control content that enters and leaves your network via email. This function is based on real file type, dictionary keyword checks and regular expression checks, helping to protect your company from accidental or malicious data leaks while assisting with compliance efforts.
Hassle-free spam management
Users can tag spam emails with a Spamtag Outlook add-on, manage quarantined spam without administrator intervention, and set their own whitelists and blacklists.
Ensure safer email
Fight email-borne threats with various email protection technologies and up to five antivirus engines, freeing you to focus on higher-level tasks.
Enforce your email use policy
Reduce unproductive email use (e.g., exchanging video content) and the risk of malicious or accidental data leaks (e.g., sending social security numbers).
Email management tools
A unified web interface that provides a central place to manage email, plus other tools such as a POP3 downloader, company-wide disclaimers, and email monitoring.
The minimum hardware requirements for GFI MailEssentials are:
- Processor: 2GHz with multiple cores
- Memory (RAM): 2GB dedicated for GFI MailEssentials
- Disk space: 10GB dedicated for GFI MailEssentials
Note that the above requirements depend on a range of factors including email volume and number of Anti Virus engines enabled.
- Any version of Microsoft Windows Server (64-bit) from 2008 R2 onwards.
- Microsoft IIS SMTP service or Microsoft Exchange Server 2010/2013/2016
- Microsoft IIS World Wide Web service
- Microsoft Messaging Queuing Service (MSMQ)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4/4.5
- ASP.NET & Windows Authentication role services when installing on Windows Server 2008 R2 onwards
- Microsoft SQL Server/Microsoft SQL Server Express (free) is suggested for the Reporting engine database for installs with more than 100 mailboxes.