McAfee Policy Auditor software automates security audit processes. At audit time, accuracy and timeliness are critical. Whether you need to prove compliance with mounting external regulations, quickly assess system patch status to prevent exploitation of vulnerabilities, or reduce liability by proving that your organization is following best practices, McAfee® Policy Auditor eases the pressure. This easy-to-manage solution automates and simplifies the process, helping you to quickly assess patch deployment progress, monitor critical security configurations, and report consistently and accurately against key industry mandates and internal policies across your entire infrastructure or on specific systems. McAfee Policy Auditor helps you stay compliant, reduce costs and manual effort, and increase visibility.
- Run consolidated audits – Perform audits across both managed (agent-based) and unmanaged (agentless) systems, and unify management of policy audits and endpoint security.
- Broaden visibility – Get up-to-date data, powerful dashboards and reports, and built-in waiver management to simplify every step.
- Prevent disruption to critical applications – To prevent disruption to applications, a blackout window enables IT to specify times when audits may not be conducted
- Get an automated import of industry benchmarks – Within minutes, view detailed security guidance to confirm compliance or design your own internal governance policies based on best practices.
- Streamline proof of compliance – Use prebuilt policy templates to comply with industry and internal governance policies, including PCI DSS, SOX, GLBA, HIPAA, FISMA, and the best-practice frameworks ISO 27001 and COBIT.
- Integrate endpoint security and compliance management – Lower TCO by integrating McAfee Policy Auditor with the McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator management console, easing deployment, administration, and reporting.
- Get the latest standards in compliance validation – Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) validation by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) enables agencies to comply with the Federal Desktop Core Configuration (FDCC) standard.
In addition to dedicated benchmarks for the Microsoft operating system, Microsoft Office, and Adobe products, McAfee Policy Auditor also provides a single benchmark for the latest non-superseded Windows patches: Internet Explorer, .NET, and Microsoft Office. There’s no need to create custom benchmarks – the latest patches for common desktop applications are included:
- Adobe: Flash, Reader, Acrobat, Shockwave
- Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Thunderbird
- Java JRE/JDK, Apple iTunes, Apple QuickTime
- Many other applications