R-STUDIO is the most comprehensive data recovery solution for recovery files from NTFS, NTFS5, ReFS, FAT12/16/32, exFAT, HFS/HFS+ and APFS (Macintosh), Little and Big Endian variants of UFS1/UFS2 (FreeBSD/OpenBSD/NetBSD/Solaris) and Ext2/Ext3/Ext4 FS (Linux) partitions. It also uses raw file recovery (scan for known file types) for heavily damaged or unknown file systems. It functions on local and network disks, even if such partitions are formatted, damaged or deleted. Flexible parameter settings give you absolute control over data recovery.
- Extensive File System Support – FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, NTFS5, ReFS / ReFS2+ / ReFS 3.4 (Resilient File System, Windows 2012/2016/2019 Server), HFS/HFS+ and APFS (including encryption) (Macintosh), Little and Big Endian variants of UFS1/UFS2 (FreeBSD/OpenBSD/NetBSD/Solaris) and Ext2/Ext3/Ext4 FS (Linux).
- RAID recovery – Standard RAID levels supported: 0, 1, 4, 5, 6. Nested and non-standard RAID level supported: 10(1+0), 1E, 5E, 5EE, 6E. Support for parity delays in all applicable levels. Support for customer-specified RAID layouts. Automatic RAID parameter recognition. R-Studio can recognize all RAID parameters for RAID 5 and 6. This feature helps the user to solve one of the most difficult problems in RAID recovery.
- Scan for Known File Types (raw file recovery) – If the disk file system is heavily damaged or unsupported, R-Studio searches for specific data patterns (“file signatures”) typical for certain file types (Microsoft Office documents, jpgs, etc.). Such known file types can be custom-defined. New file signatures can be added to the list of known file types by the end user.
- Recovery Over Network – Recovered files can be saved on any (including network) disks accessible by the host operating system. Recovered files may be saved on a disk on a connected remote computer rather than be transferred over network to the local one.
- Disk Imaging – Creates image files for an entire Hard Disk, Partition or its part. Such image files can be compressed and split into several files to put it on CD/DVD/flash or FAT16/FAT32/exFAT. Then the image files can be processed like regular disks. An entire advanced disk copying/imaging module in one single piece of software, which makes R-Studio your ideal complete solution for creating a data recovery workstation.
- HEX Editor – A feature-rich text/hexadecimal editor. File or disk content can be viewed and edited with the advanced hexadecimal editor. The editor supports NTFS file attribute editing.
- Live Boot Version – R-Studio Emergency version is run from a USB stick or compact disc when it is necessary to recover data on a computer, on which Windows cannot start up because its system files are corrupted or deleted.
- File Preview – File previewer to estimate recovery chances. It shows picture tiles and first frames of video files as icons, and supports a large number of video/audio/graphic/document file formats. These files can be played back without their respective applications installed.
- S.M.A.R.T. attribute monitoring – R-Studio can display S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) attributes for hard drives to show their hardware health and predict their possible failures. Any unnecessary work with such hard drives should be avoided if S.M.A.R.T. warnings appear