Red Hat® Virtualization is an open, software-defined platform that virtualizes Linux and Microsoft Windows workloads. Built on Red Hat Enterprise Linux® and the Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM), it features management tools that virtualize resources, processes, and applications—giving you a stable foundation for a cloud-native and containerized future.
- Open virtualization that saves you money
The open nature of Red Hat® Virtualization delivers a lower total cost of ownership—when compared to other solutions. One customer’s return-on-investment was more than 100% with a payback period of less than 6 months.
- Industry-leading performance
Red Hat ran the workloads you typically virtualize on Red Hat Virtualization and measured their performance across a bunch of VMs running on a single server. The results speak for themselves—Red Hat Virtualization is as good as bare metal.
- Cross-portfolio, cross-platform integration
Red Hat Virtualization works best when deployed with other Red Hat products, but that hasn’t stopped Red Hat from collaborating with other vendors so you can use a single virtualization platform to create, start, stop, pause, migrate, and template hundreds of VMs on hundreds of other hardware or software.
- Easy to set up
Intuitive tools help you start using Red Hat Virtualization quickly and even help you automate migration from another vendor.
- Easy to use
Red Hat Virtualization has everything you expect from an enterprise virtualization solution: The ability to build, start, stop, pause, migrate, template VMs by the tens or hundreds as well as support for desktop and server profiles.
- Easy to manage
Manage tens, hundreds, even thousands of physical and virtual servers as easily as one using Red Hat Virtualization’s innate management component alongside optional features from Red Hat CloudForms.
With Red Hat Virtualization, you can:
- Virtualize any Linux or Windows application.
- Standardize compute, storage, and networking resources.
- Improve workload performance and efficiency.
- Improve application density and use rates of existing servers.
- Deploy an agile environment to bring products to market faster.
- Improve the performance of—while reducing the costs associated with—high-performing Linux workstations.
- Build a foundation for bimodal IT by sharing services with Red Hat OpenStack® Platform.