A while ago I did a blog post on an easy way to redirect users who forget to put /exchange at the end of the path when connecting to OWA. Its a method that I’ve used in the past without any particular problems and I continue to use it. You can find that blog post over at
However, Yuri Diogenes came up with a case recently where a customer had a problem with using this approach.
The problem was related to the path used for the redirect. Take home message:
A / is not the same as a /* when using paths in a redirect!
Check out Yuri’s post for details of the problem.
Thomas W Shinder, M.D., MCSE
Sr. Consultant / Technical Writer