Remote Desktop Session Host and RemoteFX Q&A
Now that RemoteFX is out, a lot of the press has been about how RemoteFX helps VDI environments. But what about Remote Desktop Session Host (RDS/TS) environments? The Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services) team recently put together a Q&A article to help answer some questions people may have about RDS and RemoteFX. Questions include:
- Does RemoteFX work on RD Session Host?
- What are the key benefits of using RemoteFX with RD Session Host?
- Do any features of RD Session Host not use RemoteFX?
- Can I virtualize an RD Session Host server and use RemoteFX with it?
- Can a virtualized RD Session Host server use a GPU at all?
- How can I learn more about using RemoteFX on an RD Session Host server? How can I tell that it's working? How do I configure the settings?
- How can I evaluate Windows Server 2008 R2 with SP1?