Here’s today’s scenario: You are managing your role-based access control (RBAC) roles in the Azure Portal and start getting the following error message: “Role assignments created at root scope must be removed by using the command line.” Now what?
The solution can be easily accomplished by using Cloud Shell. Use PowerShell mode, and we will use the Remove-AZRoleAssignment cmdlet. The syntax of the cmdlet is listed below. Just replace the username and the role definition name to match your requirement.
Remove-AZRoleAssignment -SignInName <[email protected]> -RoleDefinitionName "User Access Administrator" -Scope "/"
Nice and easy!
More Quick Tips articles
- Restarting your Azure Application Gateway with PowerShell
- Renaming your repos in Azure DevOps
- Visual Studio Code keyboard shortcut to manage your code
- Using Azure ephemeral disks when provisioning VMs with ARM
- Checking services availability in Azure and Azure Stack Hub