When planning your SQL protection using Azure Backup, there is a useful tool called Resource Planner where the cloud administrator is able to provide the virtual machine resources available (the VM running the SQL instance) and the protection requirements.
The spreadsheet will calculate and inform if the current resources are enough to support the workload.
You can download the Resource Planner spreadsheet here.
More Quick Tips articles
- How to delete a sprint when using Azure DevOps
- IaaS VM ‘cheat sheets’ available in Azure Portal
- Finding Azure locations with PowerShell
- Check if Azure Key Vault certificate uses exportable private keys
- Managing access to your Azure invoices