During TechEd North America 2011, it was announced the general availability of Service Pack 1 for Microsoft Office 2010 in late June.
According to a blog post at the Office Sustaining Engineering Team blog, these are the main changes:
- Outlook fixes an issue where “Snooze Time” would not reset between appointments.
- The default behavior for PowerPoint “Use Presenter View” option changed to display the slide show on the secondary monitor.
- Integrated community content in the Access Application Part Gallery.
- Better alignment between Project Server and SharePoint Server browser support.
- Improved backup / restore functionality for SharePoint Server
- The Word Web Application extends printing support to “Edit Mode.”
- Project Professional now synchronizes scheduled tasks with SharePoint task lists.
- Internet Explorer 9 “Native” support for Office Web Applications and SharePoint
- Office Web Applications Support for Chrome
- Inserting Charts into Excel Workbooks using Excel Web Application
- Support for searching PPSX files in Search Server
- Visio Fixes scaling issues and arrowhead rendering errors with SVG export
- Proofing Tools improve spelling suggestions in Canadian English, French, Swedish and European Portuguese.
- Outlook Web Application Attachment Preview (with Exchange Online only)
- Office client suites using “Add Remove Programs” Control Panel, building on our work from Office 2007 SP2