UAG Service Pack 2 Available
Have you been looking forward to SP2 for UAG? Well, it’s available, and here’s what you get:
- Improved SharePoint 2010 support
Forefront UAG 2010 SP2 enables users to authenticate to a trunk by using Microsoft Office Forms-Based Authentication (MSOFBA) when the trunk uses Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) 2.0 for authentication.
- Improved Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) 2.0 support
You can provide remote and partner employees with access to published applications that have AD FS 2.0 enabled.
- AD FS Multi-Namespace support: Multi-namespace support with AD FS 2.0 enables you to use a single AD FS 2.0 server that has multiple Forefront UAG trunks when the FQDNs (the public host names) of the trunks are in different domains. For example, the FQDN of the first trunk is portal.contoso.com and the FQDN of the second trunk is portal.fabrikam.com. Both trunks can be configured to perform AD FS authentication by using the same AD FS 2.0 server sts.contoso.com. In this kind of deployment, the AD FS 2.0 server is published through one of the Forefront UAG trunks, or by an AD FS proxy that is parallel to Forefront UAG.
- Use the AD FS Proxy to publish the AD FS 2.0 Server: The AD FS proxy has many benefits compared to publishing the AD FS 2.0 server through Forefront UAG; including, support for Office365 authentication and mobile devices.
- Enable complex topologies: For example, by using Forefront UAG to publish a SharePoint website located in one site when the AD FS server is located in another site
- Added client devices
Forefront UAG 2010 SP2 enables users to connect with the following mobile devices:
- Windows Phone 7.5
- iOS 5.x on iPad and iPhone
- Android 4.x on tablets and phones
- Updated support for UAG’s endpoint detection capabilities
- Fixes included in UAG SP2
- Over 25 new fixes for customer reported issues. For details, please visit KB 2710791: Description of Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010 Service Pack 2 (SP2)
- In addition, UAG SP2 is cumulative and includes Rollup 1 for UAG 2010 SP1 Update 1, as well as the security fixes described in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS12-026
Check out the UAG Team Blog post for the link to the download: