Uninstall applications in Safe Mode
When a Windows computer won't boot properly, you may be able to get it to boot in Safe Mode. What if your boot problems are caused by an application you installed and you need to uninstall the app in Safe Mode? Unfortunately Windows Installer usually won't work in Safe Mode, but here's a workaround:
1. Start your computer and press F8 before the splash screen or boot menu to enter Safe Mode.
2. Open a command prompt window.
3. Type the following commands, pressing ENTER after each command:
4. REG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\MSIServer" /VE /T REG_SZ /F /D "Service"
5. net start msiserver
6. Double-click on the .msi file for the application and uninstall the application from your system.