The following DPM technical documents were recently updated:
- Planning a Data Protection Manager 2007 Deployment: This document explains the features of DPM 2007 and how DPM works. It also provides the information that you need to plan a DPM deployment, including protection group and DPM server configuration.
- System Center Data Protection Manager 2007 Troubleshooting Guide: Provides troubleshooting guidance for DPM 2007 issues such as performance, tape library management, and data recovery.
- System Center Data Protection Manager 2007 System Requirements: DPM 2007 System Requirements provides information that you use to ensure that the DPM server and the computers and applications it is going to protect meet network and security requirements. This topic also lists the DPM supported operating systems and the recommended hardware and software requirements.
- System Center Data Protection Manager 2007 Operations Guide: Provides targeted practical guidance for performing the most frequent and critical administrative tasks in DPM 2007.
- Deploying System Center Data Protection Manager 2007: Deploying DPM 2007 provides step-by-step instructions for installing and configuring DPM 2007, and includes an introduction to the DPM user interface. Deploying DPM 2007 also provides information on troubleshooting your DPM installation and how to repair and uninstall DPM 2007.
- System Center Data Protection Manager 2007 Frequently Asked Questions: Provides answers to frequently asked questions about System Center Data Protection Manager 2007.
- System Center Data Protection Manager 2007 Volume Sizing Tool: “DPMvolumeSizing” is a tool-set that eases the process of gathering data for DPM volume sizing purposes and apply DPM sizing rules to obtain DPM replica and recovery point volume requirements. Scripts collect (local or remote) and save information in a format tuned to easily import into an Excel workbook and is detailed in the user guide. The tool-set is validated to work for the DPM; SQL Server, Virtual Server, Exchange Server 2007, Volume and System State protection workloads.
You may also want to check the articles I wrote about backing up Exchange Server with DPM 2007: