I blogged about Windows Live Local Add-in for Microsoft Office Outlook a couple of months ago. This cool add-in has been recently updated to version 2.1. Get it here.
Add maps to Outlook…
• Send your Microsoft Outlook® meeting requests with maps you can see in road, aerial, or bird’s eye view. *
• Use real-time traffic updates to help avoid accident or rush hour delays and find the best routes. *
• Print precise driving directions “to go”, then save the details to view when you are offline.
• If you have installed Microsoft MapPoint® 2006, access your map in MapPoint when offline.
…with features that save time…
Make Outlook meeting notices more useful then ever!
• Send maps and directions to meeting attendees to help them arrive on time-even those without Windows Live Local for Outlook.
• Create friendly names for frequently used locations such as “Downtown office”.
• Receive meeting reminders based on the estimated travel times.
…and search locally to find nearby places.
• View your map on the Windows Live Local Website to quickly locate places near your meeting location such as restaurants, hotels, office stores and gas stations.
*Bird’s eye views are available in most major U.S. cities. For traffic availability, visit local.live.com and on the action bar, click “traffic”.