In the following scenario, the Windows operating system may not run correctly after installing ISA Server 2004 Service Pack 3:
- ISA Server 2004 is installed on a computer which is a member of an Active Directory domain.
- The Enterprise Admins group (which exists by default on the Active Directory root domain) has been assigned any of the following roles:
· ISA Server 2004 Enterprise Edition: ISA Server Enterprise Administrator role
· ISA Server 2004 Standard Edition: ISA Server Full Administrator role
3. You install ISA Server 2004 Service Pack 3 and restart the computer.
For the cause and the resolution, check out the ISA Firewall Team blog at:
Also, you might see the same problem after installing the ISA 2006 Supportability Update. Check out https://blogs.technet.com/isablog/archive/2007/10/15/windows-services-may-fail-to-start-after-installing-isa-server-2006-supportability-pack-kb-939455.aspx for a solution