McAfee Policy Auditor
McAfee Policy Auditor software automates security audit processes. At audit time, accuracy and timeliness are critical. Whether you need to prove compliance with mounting external regulations, quickly assess system patch status to prevent exploitation of vulnerabilities, or reduce liability by proving that your organization is following best practices, McAfee® Policy Auditor eases the pressure. This easy-to-manage solution automates and simplifies the process, helping you to quickly assess patch deployment progress, monitor critical security configurations, and report consistently and accurately against key industry mandates and internal policies across your entire infrastructure or on specific systems. McAfee Policy Auditor helps you stay compliant, reduce costs and manual effort, and increase visibility.
- Run consolidated audits - Perform audits across both managed (agent-based) and unmanaged (agentless) systems, and unify management of policy audits and endpoint security.
- Broaden visibility - Get up-to-date data, powerful dashboards and reports, and built-in waiver management to simplify every step.
- Prevent disruption to critical applications - To prevent disruption to applications, a blackout window enables IT to specify times when audits may not be conducted
- Get an automated import of industry benchmarks - Within minutes, view detailed security guidance to confirm compliance or design your own internal governance policies based on best practices.
- Streamline proof of compliance - Use prebuilt policy templates to comply with industry and internal governance policies, including PCI DSS, SOX, GLBA, HIPAA, FISMA, and the best-practice frameworks ISO 27001 and COBIT.
- Integrate endpoint security and compliance management - Lower TCO by integrating McAfee Policy Auditor with the McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator management console, easing deployment, administration, and reporting.
- Get the latest standards in compliance validation - Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) validation by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) enables agencies to comply with the Federal Desktop Core Configuration (FDCC) standard.
In addition to dedicated benchmarks for the Microsoft operating system, Microsoft Office, and Adobe products, McAfee Policy Auditor also provides a single benchmark for the latest non-superseded Windows patches: Internet Explorer, .NET, and Microsoft Office. There’s no need to create custom benchmarks - the latest patches for common desktop applications are included:
- Adobe: Flash, Reader, Acrobat, Shockwave
- Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Thunderbird
- Java JRE/JDK, Apple iTunes, Apple QuickTime
- Many other applications
CionSystems GPOManager offers a mechanism to control important operations on Group Policy within Active Directory such as GPO workflow management, check in/check out, change control, backup/restore, reports and rollback-is needed to effectively manage GPOs across the enterprise. GPOs, Scope of Management links, and WMI filters are backed up in a secure, distributed manner and then placed under version control.
— SDM Software
GPCM provides centralized and historical reporting of Group Policy processing across your environment. It reports on GP settings that have been received by a target system, GP processing health and any errors that have occurred across the entire domain or an OU. It leverages agentless, multi-threaded collection of GP processing detail to allow you to get installed and running quickly. Powerful search features let you locate a system, a user, a GPO or a particular GPO setting across the environment. Roll-up report provide management level-detail about the success and failure of Group Policy at the domain or OU level.
NetIQ Group Policy Administrator provides an offline environment to help you securely manage Group Policy Objects. This allows you to plan, troubleshoot, and report on Group Policy administration activity without impacting the performance and availability of your live Active Directory environment. It also helps you reduce risk; prevent service interruptions; and
achieve, maintain, and demonstrate regulatory compliance.