Mistakes happen. Your Active Directory (AD) environment can be damaged when an administrator accidentally deletes something or makes a mass update that goes wrong. When this happens, it
can negatively impact your productivity for hours or even days. It can cost your company revenue and damage your reputation. You need an AD recovery tool to get you back up and running quickly. Quest® Recovery Manager for Active Directory is like an insurance policy for your AD environment. It enables you to pinpoint changes to your AD environment at the object and attribute level. You’ll know what happened, who is impacted and what to roll back. You can quickly compare backups to pinpoint differences at the object and attribute level and instantly recover the data whether it’s in your on-premises AD, Azure AD or hybrid AD environment.
- AD recycle bin — Use a wizard based console to navigate through a streamlined recovery process, effectively creating a graphical AD recycle bin — no scripting required.
- Online, granular restore — Restore directory objects without the need to restart domain controllers. This eliminates downtime and any impact on users who are logged on to the network.
- Comparison reporting — Use reports to compare the online state of AD with its backup and highlight changes made to the directory data since the backup. Comparisons can also be made between different backups. Reports display the objects that were deleted or changed, including attributes. If you’re running Change Auditor, the comparison reports will also include who made the changes.
- Comprehensive recovery options — Take advantage of the only solution of its kind that offers restore of any AD object, including users, groups, computers, organizational units, sites, subnets, configuration and Exchange storage groups, and Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
- Attribute-level restore — Restore individual attributes, such as account settings, group memberships and binary attributes, even when the object itself has not been deleted. This enables you to restore only the required attributes without affecting other attributes.
- Recovery Manager Portal — Use the web interface to:
- Delegate data restore tasks to specific users
- Monitor Recovery Manager for Active Directory instances deployed in your organization
- Undelete AD objects quickly without having to restore from backup
- Access the search and restore functionality of Recovery Manager for Active Directory
- Scalable, flexible backup of AD — Schedule backups for off-peak hours and centrally manage system state backups for domain controllers. Backups can be stored in a central location, in distributed locations or left on the domain controllers themselves to minimize bandwidth demands and scale to any size of environment.
- Hybrid AD and Azure AD recovery — Whether you’re running a hybrid AD environment with Azure AD Connect, or have cloud-only objects or attributes that aren’t synchronized, it’s critical for security and compliance purposes to ensure the availability and integrity of both on-premises AD and Azure AD. Recovery Manager for Active Directory integrates with Quest On Demand Recovery for Azure Active Directory to deliver a complete hybrid recovery solution to give you peace of mind. With Quest On Demand, you get a single recovery dashboard to differentiate hybrid and cloud-only objects, run difference reports between production and realtime backups, and restore all changes, whether on premises or in Azure AD.
- Recovery console fault tolerance — Share persistent configuration data between several instances of your recovery consoles so that you can quickly resume the last restore operation in case it was unexpectedly interrupted.