Best Practices for Migrating from Lotus Notes to Microsoft Exchange and SharePoint is a technical whitepaper available at the Redmond Magazine site (registration required).
“Many organizations are migrating from IBM Lotus Notes to Microsoft Exchange and SharePoint because of the rich feature set of the Microsoft solutions, the strategic value of partnering with Microsoft and the high availability of IT staff trained on Microsoft technology.
However, migrations are long, complex, and expensive projects that must be carefully planned and executed. Reliable automated tools from Quest Software can play a key role in keeping a migration on-schedule and error-free. And after migration is complete, Quest’s maintenance solutions complement the native Microsoft tools to ensure high performance and reliability.
- Best Practices for Migrating from Notes to Microsoft Solutions
- Gathering Requirements for Migration
- Project Planning
- Project Execution.
- Migrating Mailbox and Calendar Data
- Migrating Application Content and Design
- Administering the Target Microsoft Environment“