Microsoft has published a nice web based tool, branded Microsoft Exchange Server Remote Connectivity Analyzer tool, which allows you to run any of the following tests:
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 AutoDiscover Connectivity Test, which will walk through the steps Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 uses to connect to AutoDiscover
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 RPC/HTTP Connectivity Test, which will walk through the steps Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 uses to connect via RPC/HTTP
- Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync AutoDiscover Test, which will walk through the steps a Windows Mobile 6.1 device (or another AirSync licensed device) uses to connect to the AutoDiscover Service
- Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync Test, which will simulate the steps a mobile device uses to connect to an Exchange Server using Exchange ActiveSync
- Inbound SMTP Email Test, which will walk through the steps an Internet e-mail server uses to send inbound SMTP email to your domain
This web based tool will help you test and (if needed) troubleshoot connectivity issues with your Exchange environment. For any test to run successfully, you need to provide the tool with an email address, username and password. It is advisable to setup a test account, and provide those details for the test to run.
Here's the link to the test: https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/Default.aspx