I was showing a friend of mine my ISA 2006 firewall setup and configuration and he wanted to know why I had additional information appear in my log files and additional nodes in the left pane of the console. I told him you get those things when you install the ISA 2006 Supportability Update!
What you do get with the ISA 2006 Supportability Update? Check this out:
- All software updates issued since ISA Server 2006 was released to manufacturing.
- Improved log viewer functionality, including an enhanced details pane view, text coloring, and new log filtering functionality.
- Updated ISA Server Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in functionality that provides access to troubleshooting tools and options available directly from the ISA Server Management console.
- Integration with the Microsoft ISA Server Best Practices Analyzer Tool. For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=79754.
- New diagnostic logging functionality.
You can download the ISA 2006 Supportability Update at: