The Microsoft Exchange Team published on their blog, the new and updated Exchange Server content.
Here's the highlight:
- Overview of Namespace Planning: Planning your namespaces involves examining your physical and logical network structure and choosing an organizational topology. This article presents several different topologies and provides information about how using the different topologies would affect your Exchange organization.
- How to Move a Client Access or Hub Transport Server to a Different Site: Added a step to set the Client Access server Autodiscover site scope due to Active Directory Site change.
- How to Perform a Dial Tone Recovery Using and Staying on an Alternate Server for the Dial Tone Database: Fixed incorrect example code by using Get-Mailbox instead of Get-MailboxStatistics.
- How to Seed a Standby Continuous Replication Target: Updated topic to specify that seeding with Update-StorageGroupCopy should be done on SCR target computer. Also, corrected permissions section that incorrectly referenced CCR.
- How to Upgrade a Single Copy Cluster to Exchange 2007 SP1: Removed step for starting Windows Firewall service, because that step is not needed.
- Planning for Cluster Continuous Replication: Removed old guidance to use DNS CNAME record for file share witness alias in UNC path.
- How to Configure the Node and File Share Majority Quorum: Removed old guidance to use DNS CNAME record for file share witness alias in UNC path.
- How to Configure Network Connections for Cluster Continuous Replication: Fixed incorrect configuration steps for the private network by specifying that Client for Microsoft Networks and File and Print Sharing need to be cleared.
- Applying Exchange 2007 Update Rollups to Clustered Mailbox Servers: Fixed incorrect statement, "The amount of downtime varies based on how long it takes each organization to perform the installation procedure for the entire cluster," by stating that the true downtime is only for as long as it takes to move the CMS between nodes and have it brought online.
- How to Configure Deleted Item Retention for a Mailbox Database: Fixed incorrect example code by using -DeletedItemRetention instead of -ItemRetention.
- Understanding How Transport Rules Are Applied in an Exchange 2007 Organization: Text added to clarify rules only have access to envelope headers in encrypted messages. "Transport rules can access envelope headers contained in encrypted messages, and process messages based on predicates that inspect them. Rules with predicates that require inspection of message content, or actions that may modify content, cannot be processed."
- Help Reference - Recipient Properties > Mailbox Settings Tab > Messaging Records Management (RTM): Removed incorrect information about pre-Outlook 2003 SP2 clients not being able to access a mailbox if Managed Folder Mailbox Policy is applied to the mailbox. Modified to state that older clients do not support Managed Custom Folders (similar text as seen in dialog box when a policy is being applied).