The Radicati Group published their most recent study about Microsoft Exchange: Microsoft Exchange Server and Outlook Market Analysis, 2011-2015. The report is not free, it costs $2,500 USD, but I guess it can be very useful for some companies doing business related to Microsoft Exchange Server.
A comprehensive analysis of Microsoft Exchange Server in both the On-Premises and Hosted Messaging and Collaboration market, including:
Installed Base, Revenue and Four-Year Forecasts:
• Worldwide On-Premise and Hosted Mailboxes
• Vertical Industry Breakouts
• Business Size Breakouts – Installed Base and Forecasts
• Regional Breakouts – Installed Base and Forecasts
• Version Breakouts – Installed Base and Forecasts
Product Analysis, including Strength and Weaknesses for Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Business Productivity Online Suite (BPOS), Microsoft Outlook 2010, Microsoft Outlook Web App (OWA) 2010, and Windows Live Hotmail.
This report is intended for Investors, Corporate Customers and Vendors who need to make informed decisions about Messaging and Collaboration.