Microsoft released the Office Outlook 2007 Auxiliary Reference Code Samples and Redistributable Installer.
This download accompanies the Outlook 2007 Auxiliary Reference documentation. It contains four sample projects, a header file, and a redistributable installer that third-party calendar rebasing tools can use to programmatically update calendars displayed incorrectly due to daylight saving time (DST).
This set of downloads includes a sample add-in, three sample service providers, a header file, and a redistributable installer.
- Outlook2007AuxRefSamples.exe installs the following three sample service providers:
- SampleAddressBookProvider implements a basic address book provider that you can use as a starting point for further customization. It implements the required features of an address book provider, as well as more advanced features such as name resolution. For more information, see About the Sample Address Book Provider in the Outlook 2007 Auxiliary Reference in the MSDN Library.
- SampleTransportProvider implements a shared network file system transport provider. A transport provider is a DLL that acts as an intermediary between the MAPI subsystem and one or more underlying messaging systems. You can use the code in this sample as a starting point for building a more robust transport provider. For more information, see About the Sample Transport Provider.
- SampleWrappedPSTStoreProvider uses the PST provider as the back end for storing data. The wrapped PST store provider is intended to be used in conjuction with the Replication API. For more information, see About the Replication API. Most of the functions in the Sample Wrapped PST Store Provider pass their arguments directly to the underlying PST provider. For more information, see About the Sample Wrapped PST Store Provider.
- SampleOfflineStateAddin.exe installs a COM add-in written in C++. It demonstrates how to receive notifications of connection state changes and how to modify the current state by using the Offline State API. For more information, see About the Sample Offline State Add-In.
- TZMovelibHeaderFile.exe installs the Tzmovelib.h header file, which is designed to be used with the redistributable installer. This header file contains definitions for flags, constants, enumerations, data structures, interfaces (and their identifiers), macros, and functions for the calendar rebasing APIs. By default, the file is installed in C:\2007 Office System Developer Resources\Outlook 2007 Auxiliary Reference\Rebasing Calendars.
- OutlookTimeZoneMoveLibRedist.exe is a redistributable installer that installs the assembly file Tzmovelib.dll in C:\Program Files\MsExTmz. Third-party calendar rebasing tools can use the assembly file to programmatically update calendars that are displayed incorrectly because of daylight saving time. With this assembly, developers can use the same APIs that Outlook and Exchange Server use in their calendar rebasing tools.
Note Developers can redistribute only the installer, OutlookTimeZoneMoveLibRedist.exe, and must not redistribute the assembly, Tzmovlib.dll, or any other extracted components separately from the installer.