Microsoft released version 3.0 of Live Search Maps Add-In for Microsoft Office Outlook. This neat Add-In for Microsoft Office Outlook adds maps, driving directions, traffic information, and travel time to the scheduling capabilities of Outlook.
Add maps to Outlook...
- Send your Microsoft Outlook® meeting requests with maps you can see in road, aerial, or bird's eye view.*
- Use real-time traffic updates to help avoid accident or rush hour delays and find the best routes.*
- Print driving directions "to go," then save the details to view when you are offline.
- If you have installed Microsoft MapPoint® 2006 North America, access your map in MapPoint when offline.
...with features that save time...
Make Outlook meeting notices more useful then ever!
- Send maps and directions to meeting attendees to help them arrive on time-even those without Windows Live Local for Outlook.
- Create friendly names for frequently used locations such as "Downtown office."
- Receive meeting reminders based on the estimated travel times.
...and search locally to find nearby places.
View your map on Live Search to quickly locate places near your meeting location such as restaurants, hotels, office stores and gas stations.
*Bird's eye views are available in most major U.S. cities. For traffic availability, visit local.live.com and on the action bar, click "traffic."