Windows Mobile 6.1.4 Emulator Images
The Windows Mobile 6.1.4 Emulator Images are available to download from the Microsoft site.
This package includes localized Windows Mobile 6.1.4 emulator images that can be used with Visual Studio to test applications or as standalone emulators without Visual Studio.
The Windows Mobile 6.1.4 Emulator Images package adds emulator images to Visual Studio 2005 or Visual Studio 2008 that let you test applications for Windows Mobile 6.1.4, including Internet Explorer Mobile 6. For general information about writing software for Windows Mobile, please see the Windows Mobile Developer Center.
The emulator images can also be used as standalone without Visual Studio. They can be accessed through the Start Menu shortcuts.
0409 USA English
Internet Explorer Mobile 6
Windows Mobile 6.1.4 includes the new Internet Explorer Mobile 6, a full-featured browser for Windows Mobile devices that brings the same high-quality browsing experience to the user as desktop browsers. Internet Explorer Mobile 6 supports desktop-quality rendering and has the best compliance support of all versions of Internet Explorer on a Windows Mobile device to date. Several new features and improved support allows users to complete tasks quickly and easily.
New emulator image resolutions:
- Windows Mobile 6.1.4 Standard
DPI: 131 - Resolution: 320 x 320 pixels
DPI: 131 - Resolution: 400 x 240 pixels
DPI: 131 - Resolution: 440 x 240 pixels
- Windows Mobile 6.1.4 Professional
DPI: 96 - Resolution: 240 x 400 pixels
DPI: 192 - Resolution 480 x 800 pixels
- On some configurations, repairing the emulator image pack may show an error dialog if Visual Studio is not installed. The dialog can be closed and the repair will finish successfully.
- Removing the emulator image package will remove the Cellular Emulator shortcut from the Start Menu (when other locales or the Windows Mobile 6 SDKs are installed). Refreshing the remaining locales or the SDK will re-install the shortcut.
- If the install fails with "Setup Wizard ended prematurely" message, install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) and restart the Windows Mobile 6.1.4 Emulator Images package install.