Microsoft released Windows Server Update Services 3.0 Service Pack 2.
New Windows Server and Client Version Support
- Integration with Windows Server® 2008 R2
- Support for the BranchCache feature on Windows Server 2008 R2
- Support for Windows 7 clients
WSUS Feature Improvements
- Auto-approval rules now include the ability to specify the approval deadline date and time for all computers or specific computer groups.
Update Files and Languages
- Improved handling of language selection for downstream servers includes a new warning dialog that appears when you decide to download updates only for specified languages.
- WSUS 3.0 SP2 can be installed as an in-place upgrade from earlier versions of WSUS and will preserve all of your settings and approvals. The user interface is compatible between WSUS 3.0 SP1 and SP2 on the client and the server.
- New Update and Computer Status reports provide the ability to filter on updates approved for installation. You can run these reports from the WSUS console or use the API to incorporate this functionality into your own reports.
- Stability and reliability fixes for the WSUS server, such as support for IPV6 addresses greater than 40 characters.
- The approval dialog now sorts computer groups alphabetically by group name.
- Computer status report sorting icons are now functional in x64 environments.
- A new release of Windows Update Agent is included with WSUS 3.0 SP2 that provides improvements and fixes, such as support for APIs called by non-local system callers in a non-interactive session.
For more information about this release see the WSUS 3.0 SP2 Release Notes at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=139840.
You can download WSUS 3.0 SP2 from the following page:
And deployment guide is available from here: