Forefront Protection for Exchange @ TechNet Edge
There are a couple of cool videos around the subject of Forefront Protection for Exchange that were recently published at TechNet Edge:
- Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Customer story - Magnus Bjork, Exchange consultant for Mailmaster.se based in Sweden, lets us know his thoughts on Forefront Protection for Exchange products. At the end of the interview, he gives us an general tip from his experience using FPE/FOPE.
- FPE Customer Story - Christian Weber, Exchange consultant for SUL based in Germany, lets us know his thoughts on Forefront Protection for Exchange products. He first starts out telling us about an issue in the TAP program they worked through and then gets into backscatter support and the costs they have saved. At the end of the interview, he gives us an architecture tip from his experience using FPE/FOPE.
- FPE vs FOPE and Exchange 2010 - Mike Chan, PM for the Forefront team, breaks down the differences between security protection for Forefront Protection for Exchange (FPE) and Forefront Online Protection for Exchange (FOPE). We start out with a brief history of the messaging products and then dig into the details of differences between FPE and FOPE and how it plugs into Exchange 2010 on the whiteboard at [4:22]. Should you run FPE alone or FPE and FOPE? Watch and decide.
- Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Deployment and Performance - Alexander Nikolayev joins us again to dive deep into the deployment and some performance for Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange. We answer questions like:
- Where should I place FPE and why?
- What is the performance cost of putting FPE on Exchange? [9:27]
- Increase in amount of messages processed per second over the previous verison of FPE (Forefront Server Security for Exchange)
- Things to think about with deciding how many AV engines you run and how the dynamic engine option works
- General Tips on capacity planning