System Center Mobile Device Manager 2008
Microsoft announced yesterday its new addition to the System Center Family: System Center Mobile Device Manager 2008.
What is Mobile Device Manager 2008?
Mobile Device Manager 2008 is a solution that gives organizations enhanced on-device security and over-the-air policy enforcement. It allows IT professionals to more easily manage phones within the organization, and gives mobile employees access to confidential information on corporate networks with firewalls.
What does Mobile Device Manager 2008 do?
- Helps protect sensitive information if the device is lost or stolen
- Performs instant* remote device wipe to help reduce security risks
- Provides security enhanced behind-the-firewall access to mobile users
- Helps lower maintenance and troubleshooting costs and management complexity
- Provides greater scalability with support for thousands of users on a server
- Gives IT professionals a robust development platform, improved reliability, and better application access and control for Windows Mobile devices