New York, NY – June 6, 2014 – AdRem Software today announced shipping off NetCrunch 8, the latest edition of its popular network and systems management software. Version 8 supplements NetCrunch’s acclaimed network visualization and agentless monitoring capabilities with a number of product enhancements, including advanced network baselining and increased monitoring coverage. AdRem NetCrunch 8 was first demonstrated at Interop Las Vegas.
Today’s announcement underscores the growing importance of network and systems monitoring for businesses with heterogeneous IT environments. The growth of the cloud and virtualization have driven the need for a new generation of monitoring technology that can connect the dots and help users understand what is really happening with resident and offsite applications and infrastructure. NetCrunch 8’s new capabilities meet these requirements, providing SMBs with a holistic view of data as it is exchanged among IT systems both on premises and in the cloud.
“NetCrunch is the Swiss Army Knife for network managers wanting to know how their networks and devices are performing,” said Martin Silverman, director of IT for EvensonBest, an industry leading contract furniture distributor. “We rely on it every single day.”
NetCrunch is an affordable, easy-to-deploy network and systems management solution that automatically discovers, monitors and troubleshoots every device in an organization’s network, from computers, switches and printers to video cameras, sensor devices, security systems and more. The plug-and-play software creates a complete visual map of the network, and time-saving monitoring packs enable administrators to quickly set monitoring and alerting rules for each device type, rather than having to configure each individual device.
“NetCrunch is the only monitoring solution that integrates such a broad range of intelligent features,” said Tomasz Kunicki, AdRem Software founder and CEO. “This is why it’s trusted by over 2,500 companies in 87 countries to monitor more than 1.5 million devices.”
NetCrunch 8 Product Details
Enhancements in NetCrunch 8 include:
- Broader Monitoring Coverage
- Provides agentless monitoring of Linux processes, connected user and open files
- Includes advanced web and file monitor
- Features more than 100 predefined monitoring packs for centralized control of monitoring settings (3x more than previously)
- Includes 3,000 new management information bases (MIBs), for a total exceeding 5,000
- Supports SNMP v3 trap receiving and forwarding
- Advanced, Self-Learning Baselining
- Creates a detailed baseline for each hour and day of the week, allowing administrators to focus on genuine network issues rather than false alerts triggered by a single, inflexible baseline
- Intelligent Alerts Correlation
- Enables user-defined event closure for both internal and external events, ensuring that all information is real-time and resolved issues are no longer displayed
About AdRem Software
AdRem Software is an independent software company based in Cracow, Poland. Its flagship product, NetCrunch, is an agentless network and systems management tool that automatically maps, monitors and troubleshoots networks of 3,000+ nodes. NetCrunch monitors all leading operating systems, including Windows, Linux, VMware EXT/EXSi, Mac OS X, and BSD, and is used by more than 2,500 companies worldwide. AdRem’s products are sold globally through resellers, distributors and system integrators.